PROJECT MANAGER, Chattanooga, Tennessee.
WalkerHealthcareIT is seeking an Project Manager for a healthcare client located in Chattanooga, Tennessee. This is contract position.
START DATE: ASAP
ON-SITE / REMOTE: Remote
WAGE TYPE: 1099, W2
Project Manager Job Description
This position is responsible for the coordination and completion of large projects and/or programs at the Enterprise level. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project or program. Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of projects or programs. This role supervises assigned assistant project managers and project coordinators. This position is responsible for the successful development and implementation of large, cross-functional projects that support enterprise strategic objectives.
• Defines, monitors, executes, and controls assigned projects through the project development life cycle.
• Manages scope for 2 - 3 assigned projects including the execution of successful change management processes.
• Performs all or part of project coordination services as determined by project staffing and project size.
• Documents and completes all project management deliverables required by the project.
• Conforms to and advocates project management standards processes and procedures in accordance with the project life cycle methodology on assigned projects.
• Facilitates the procurement of needed Hardware, Software and Human resources for the project.
• Manages project cost as determined by project charter and/or development methodology.
• Works with project owners, stakeholders and QA personnel to manage project quality.
• Facilitates project communications at all levels for all project logistics.
• Coordinates, manages and facilitates the staffing of resources for the project including contracted resources.
• Tracks, reports and resolves issues, proactively evaluates project activities, builds contingency plans, executes corrective actions when necessary and implements risk response plans to manage risk.
• Supports the growth, development and goals of the ISPO through various leadership and continuous improvement initiatives.
• Work with assigned program or project manager as needed to complete project deliverables.
• Supervise, motivate and mentor assistant project Managers, and/or project coordinators as assigned. Program Management
• Performs Project Management Duties at the Program Level
• Coordinates and monitors the scheduling, pricing, and technical performance of company programs.
• Aids in the negotiation of contracts and contractual changes and coordinating preparations of proposals, plans, specifications, and financial conditions of contracts.
• Ensures adherence to master plans and schedules providing Program governance.
• Communicates Program Scorecard and Status to key stakeholders.
• Develops solutions to program problems, and directs work of all Projects assigned to the program.
• Ensures projects are completed on time and within budget.
• Acts as advisor to project managers regarding projects, tasks, and operations.
• Performs integration management services for program issues, risks and deliverables.
Project Manager Job Experience
• Seeking candidates with strong experience driving information security and IT infrastructure operation initiatives
• Minimum 5 - 7 years experience in a project management role with demonstrated skills in relationship building, negotiation, conflict resolution, and project management of projects have medium to high degree of complexity required.
• Holds a certification in project management (PMP, PMBOK, etc.) or will obtain certification within 2 years in this position.
• This individual must be comfortable with professionally challenging key stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
• Exceptional execution of project communications plans is a must.
• Has a successful track record of completing projects on time and on budget.
• Ability to work independently or in a team, set priorities and meet deadlines on at least one to two projects.
• Can demonstrate expert knowledge of project management methodology and its practical application towards completing work.
• Has demonstrated outstanding negotiation, presentation, and facilitation skills.
• Is creative and assertive and has the ability to mentor and coach others.
• Has expert knowledge in the use of at least one project management scheduling tool.
• Bachelor’ s Degree in related field or equivalent years of experience is required. Equivalent years of experience are determined as one year of technical experience for every year of college requested.
Project Manager Preferred Experience
• Leadership in these spaces is a plus.
• Product and/or project portfolio management is a plus.