WalkerHealthcareIT is seeking Medical Management Specialist for our premier healthcare client in in Downers Grove, Champaign and Quincy, IL.
Start Date: 07/06
On-Site/Remote: This position is remote currently, but will be required to travel to nearby counties
Wage Type: 1099, W2
Medical Management Specialist Job Description
This position is responsible for conducting medical management and health education programs for customers on government health care programs. This role will include gathering, analyzing and providing date for regulatory reports.
This position will represent the company to members.
This position is responsible for conducting medical management and health education programs for customers on government health care programs. Accountabilities include gathering, analyzing and providing date for regulatory reports. This position will represent the company to members.
*Registered Nurse (RN), with 3 years direct clinical care to the consumer in a clinical setting or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), or Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW), which includes 2 years of clinical practice to obtain their LPC or LMSW license.
* Current, valid, unrestricted license in the state of operations (or reciprocity).
*For compact licensee changing permanent residence to state of operations, you must obtain active, unrestricted RN licensure in the state of operations within 90 days of hire.
* Plus 3 years wellness or managed care experience presenting clinical issues with members/physicians.
* Knowledge of the health and wellness marketplace and employer trends.
* Verbal and written communication skills including discussing medical needs with members and interfacing with internal staff/management and external vendors and community resources.
* Analytical experience including medical data analysis.
* Current IL driver' s license, transportation and applicable insurance. (for IL)
* Ability and willingness to travel within assigned territory.
* PC proficiency to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, database experience and Web based applications.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
* 3 years clinical experience.
* Patient education experience.
* Condition Management experience.
* Bilingual in English and Spanish.
* Transition of Care experience.
* Experience in managing complex or catastrophic cases.
* Certification in Case Management, Training, Project Management or nationally recognized health care certification.