Job Category: Information Technology (IT)
Job Number: 5448
APPLICATION DEVELOPER III, REMOTE
WalkerHealthcareIT is seeking an Application Developer III for a healthcare client located in Detroit, MI. This is a contract position.
START DATE: ASAP
ON-SITE / REMOTE: Remote
WAGE TYPE: 1099, W2
APPLICATION DEVELOPER III JOB SUMMARY
Works closely with clients, business analysts and team members to understand the business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. These solutions must be aligned with business and IT strategies and are in compliance with the organization' s architectural standards. Application Developers are involved in the full systems life cycle and therefore are responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing and supporting application software that is delivered on time and within budget. Responsibilities beyond development of software may include participation in component and data architecture design, technology planning, product evaluation, advanced testing processes and buy vs. build recommendations. Individuals also provide input to project plans related to the Application Development initiative.
Application Developers have a strong knowledge of programming languages used by the organization. They have experience in systems design and have a solid understanding of development, database development, testing, and integration methodologies. Knowledge of current and emerging IT products, services and processes is required.
- Works on major projects as a project team member, sometimes as a project lead.
- Works on projects that may span a broad range of applications.
- Supports multiple applications.
- Expertise in multiple technical environments and possesses business knowledge that spans one or more business areas.
APPLICATION DEVELOPER III JOB REQUIREMENTS
APPLICATION DEVELOPER III PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS
- 5 years of application programming and analysis experience required.
- Has a broad level of understanding surrounding information systems and application architecture standards.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret complex problems or processes that span multiple business areas, identify and understand requirements, and develop alternate solutions.
- Experience designing, developing and testing applications using proven or emerging technologies.
- Bachelor' s degree in related field preferred.