3 Penn Plaza East
Job Category: Information Technology (IT)
Job Number: 5281
ANALYTICS ANALYST III, NEWARK, NJ
WalkerHealthcareIT is seeking a Analytics Analyst III for a client located in Newark, NJ. This is a contract position.
START DATE: ASAP
The incumbent will partner with multiple customers to provide more complex resolutions to analytics/data problems (i.e. linear models, pattern analysis, directional modeling, etc.) that require a more detailed and deeper study of situational factors, gathering information from several sources, and providing reporting analysis deliverables (i.e. tables, visual analytics, graphs, models or forecasts, etc.) in a highly consultative fashion. The incumbent will face off to more senior level internal and external stakeholders (i.e. Managers, Directors, etc.) The incumbent will also confirm understanding of recommendation with customer, and determine deliverables, based upon customer' s requirements following the consultative analytics workflow.
- Partner with the business to review requirements and define parameters of complex analytic projects.
- The analyst will settle deliverables and deadlines with the customer, utilize negotiation and creativity independently.
- Research and investigate key business problems through quantitative analyses of healthcare cost and quality data.
- Translates highly complex concepts and conclusions in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences.
- Provide claims, provider and membership data in support of trend and utilization analytics.
- Focus is to identify analytic concepts, utilization trends, drawing conclusions and interpretation of information to the customer.
- Devise strategy for producing deliverables from information stored in Horizon data warehouses or other sources.
- Select and utilize appropriate analytic tools.
- Analyze data results from multiple information sources to ensure reporting and analytic requirements have been met. In addition, provide clear, concise and efficient summary analysis to customer.
- Develop pioneering approaches to emerging industry trends.
- Follow department policies and procedures to ensure consistent utilization and cost reporting.
- Employs appropriate techniques to ensure data and result integrity. Maintains best practices in compliance with all policies and regulations including data security.
- Incumbent will be expected to consult with the Business Division they support and present. In addition, incumbent will be expected to mentor other analysts as appropriate.
- Document work appropriately, including use of Analytic Plan/Timeline template for Analytic projects as appropriate.
- 5+ yrs experience; conducting full project lifecycle responsibility.
- Requires proficiency with very large data sets (i.e. claims elements, membership, authorization, etc.) and software/coding (i.e. SAS).
- Requires knowledge of care management, utilization management, network management, etc.
- Requires proficiency in MS Office (particularly Excel including formulas, calculations and graphs)
- Ability to conduct full project life cycle.
- Requires analytical thinking ability for broader array of business problems.
- Require ability to make decisions to analytic/data problems that synthesize information from several sources into concrete actions/recommendations for higher level audience.
- Requires customer-oriented focus.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are essential. Ability to express analytic thoughts clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing (to various audiences) is required.
- More independent decision making and thinking is required.
- Managed Health Care or provider experience preferred, especially in roles that routinely have used financial and/or clinical data sources.
- Bachelor’ s degree preferred or relevant work experience in lieu of degree