Telecom Support Technician
Philadelphia, PA 19104
TELECOM SUPPORT TECHNICIAN, PHILADELPHIA, PA
WalkerHealthcareIT is seeking a Telecom Support Technician for a client located in Philadelphia, PA. This is a contact opportunity.
START DATE: ASAP
ON-SITE / REMOTE: Onsite
WAGE TYPE: W2
WalkerHealthcareIT Standard Perks
- Weekly pay via Direct Deposit
TELECOM SUPPORT TECHNICIAN JOB SUMMARY
- Looking for a Telecom technician well-versed in the following areas; Cisco Call Manager; Cisco Unity Connection; Nortel Option 11 / CS1000; Nortel SL100 / CS2100; PBX support; Wiring standards (punch downs)
- Performs advanced IS End User Device (EUD) support functions, acting as a subject matter expert in at least 2 key EUD functions with minimal supervision.
- Using available support tools and technologies provides advanced problem resolution and proactive problem direction.
- Serves as the onsite desktop subject matter expert for the IS Department and acts as a liaison where needed between the client community and the rest of the IS Department.
- Initiates problem bridge lines and functions as the problem coordinator during scheduled and unplanned downtime events both during and after hours.
- Serves as the EUD Subject Matter Expert during project Planning and go-live events to prepare for operational transitions.
- Leads in the development, testing and implementation of EUD standards, processes, and systems required to deliver consistent high quality customer service.
- Key criteria are SLAs responsiveness, problem avoidance and management, cost effectiveness and standardization.
- Manages the demands of multiple constituencies, defines priorities, and sets appropriate expectations as well as strong organizational qualities in all aspects of work, including coaching and guiding Level I and II staff.
TELECOM SUPPORT TECHNICIAN JOB REQUIREMENTS
- High school degree required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience providing EUD support, Service Desk support or equivalent experience/knowledge
- Able to perform effectively with little direct supervision
- Customer service oriented team player with excellent communication, documentation, organizational, problem solving, written and verbal skills.
- Must have the ability to develop, test and document technical steps and procedures.
- Ability to utilize systems analysis techniques and procedures to determine proper hardware, software or system functional specifications
- Ability to understand, analyze and resolve problems, while on the phone or on-site with user.
- Must have working knowledge of many various pieces of equipment and software including printers, terminals, PCs, networking and telecommunication hardware, etc.
- Working knowledge and understanding of issues inherent to Microsoft software including, but not limited to security, deployment, imaging, auditing, licensing and compliance; deployment and upgrading; features and functionality.6.Ability to analyze and solve technical problems by investigating, developing and implementing potential solutions using troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol suite.
- Must have the ability to work in a high-pressure fast paced environment.
- Must have the ability to work day shift, nights and/or weekends when needed.
- Medical terminology helpful and previous medical EUD or Service Desk level 2 support background preferred.
- Ability to manage the demands of multiple constituencies, define priorities, set appropriate expectations as well as strong organizational qualities in all aspects of work including coaching and guiding Tier 1 EUD technicians, Service Desk Analysts and contractors.
- Ability to analyze and solve technical problems by investigating potential solutions using troubleshooting skills
- Must be familiar with standards and trends in the industry in relation to EUD technologies and related IT practices, policies and processes.