Grand Rapids, MI
SCRUM MASTER, GRAND RAPIDS, MI
WalkerHealthcareIT is seeking a Scrum Master for a client located in Grand Rapids, MI. This is a contract position.
START DATE: ASAP
ON-SITE / REMOTE: On-site full time
WAGE TYPE: 1099, W2
WalkerHealthcareIT Standard Perks
- Weekly pay via Direct Deposit
SCRUM MASTER JOB SUMMARY
Leader and coach for multiple agile teams, typically within an agile program utilizing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). Guides the use of agile/scrum practices, and helps the teams operate under architectural and portfolio governance, system integration, and system demos. Acts as first line of escalation for the agile team by removing obstacles and mitigating outside distractions. Assesses the agile maturity of the teams they are working with. Collaborates with others outside the team, removes impediments, helps manage risk and drive relentless improvement. Manages team ceremonies and processes. Works with product owners to define priorities, manage product backlog and prepare upcoming sprints. Facilitates discussion, decision-making and conflict resolution. Assists with internal and external communication to improve transparency and information sharing. Regularly provides guidance and training to less experienced scrum masters. Under supervision, may perform the role of Release Train Engineer for smaller scale Agile Release Trains.
SCRUM MASTER REQUIREMENTS
- Experience leading an Agile / Scrum team in the scrum master role
- Understanding of Product Owner role and experience working with this role in a software development setting
- Experience with sprint management tools, e.g. Jira
SCRUM MASTER PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS
- Scaled Agile experience preferred
- Scrum Master certification preferred
- 5-7 years of experience typically gained through skills/knowledge/abilities in in the field.
- 2 years of experience typically gained through skills/knowledge/abilities in working in a large Agile organization applying Scrum, XP, Kanban, SAFe or Lean.
- 3 years of experience typically gained through skills/knowledge/abilities and Agile collaboration tools, such as Jira, CA Rally, Confluence/SharePoint, etc.
- Experience acting as a Scrum Master to multiple agile teams