Revenue Integrity Specialist
REVENUE INTEGRITY SPECIALIST, PHILADELPHIA, PA
WalkerHealthcareIT is seeking a Revenue Integrity Specialist for a healthcare client located in Philadelphia, PA. This is a contract to hire opportunity.
START DATE: ASAP
ON-SITE / REMOTE: Onsite
WAGE TYPE: 1099, W2
WalkerHealthcareIT Standard Perks
- Weekly pay via Direct Deposit
REVENUE INTEGRITY SPECIALIST JOB DESCRIPTION
The Revenue Integrity Specialist serves as the key liaison and subject matter expert for assigned service line areas regarding all aspects of charge capture/charge description master processes.
This position will lead, support, and coordinate on-going charge capture improvement initiatives for assigned service line areas; including charge reconciliation activities, new service implementation, and identification of revenue management opportunities.
The Revenue Integrity Specialist will coordinate all Revenue Integrity activities on behalf of assigned service line areas; department charge capture education, charge audit activities, charge description master management, and monitoring of charge capture related metrics.
This position also has a broad understanding of all areas of the revenue cycle; including Patient Financial Services (PFS), Health Information Management (HIM), and Reimbursement Services.
REVENUE INTEGRITY SPECIALIST REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’ s degree in clinical program required.
- Minimum five (5) years of varied clinical experience as a RN, APN, or other clinical specialist required.
- Working knowledge of coding rules required or willingness to obtain within 3 months of hire.
- Registered nurse or other licensed health care practitioner required (PA/NJ licensing preferred).
- Ability to work effectively with all members of the health care team.
- Working knowledge of chart/bill audits or ability to abstract medical information.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Strong project management skills.
- Will be required to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Effective leadership skills.
- Must be detail, action, solution, and results oriented.
- Working knowledge of revenue cycle processes.
- Computer skills essential.
- Will need to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio at a minimum.
REVENUE INTEGRITY SPECIALIST PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS
- Master’ s degree preferred.
- Pediatric experience preferred.
- Experience with billing and documentation systems preferred
- Coding certification preferred
- Clinical expertise in Pediatrics preferred.