Hospital Financial Clearance Verification Specialist
WalkerHealthcareIT is seeking Financial Clearance (Insurance Verification) Specialists with experience in a hospital setting along with Epic authorization and registration tool experience for one of our premier healthcare clients in Chicago!
Chosen Insurance Verification Specialist may work on a contract or contract-to-hire basis with the opportunity to convert to a full-time employee of the client upon successful completion of the contract period!
START DATE: ASAP
ON-SITE / REMOTE: Onsite with potential for a Remote option
WAGE TYPE: 1099, W2
WalkerHealthcareIT Standard Perks
- Weekly pay via Direct Deposit
INSURANCE VERIFICATION SPECIALIST JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Performing insurance verification and pre-authorization for hospital setting inpatient / outpatient services, specialist will assist to ensure services performed have met medical necessity guidelines of the insurance carrier and preauthorization/referrals have been obtained per the payers requirements, maximizing reimbursement in the claim submission process.
- Contacts insurance providers to obtain any applicable authorization types prior to service.
- Obtains and / or coordinates with third-party payers authorizations for services.
- Monitors expiration of authorizations and initiates requests for extensions.
- Documents and updates all authorizations obtained.
- Obtains and scans all appropriate documents, as applicable.
- Maintains applicable assigned work queues and expected lead times, documenting and closing tasks upon completion.
- Updates work in progress on outstanding tasks, maintaining expected lead times and organization while completing tasks.
- Consistently performs and exceeds departmental minimum expected productivity goals.
- Ability to complete registration and coverage verification, as necessary.
- Determines if patient is eligible for intended care. If necessary, contacts patient to obtain correct insurance information, or informs patient of self-pay policy.
- May perform patient estimates, as necessary.
- Updates all demographic/ coverage / eligibility information in the system.
- Provides excellent customer services to patients, providers, and clinic staff in person and via telephone.
- Continues education on payers / payer requirements and contracts.
- Maintains technical knowledge of items necessary for financial clearance for intended services.
- Stays up-to-date as policies and necessary documentation and payer requirements may change.
- Maintains competence and technical knowledge within necessary registration and eligibility systems.
We want to speak with you today if you have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 2-3 years previous preauthorization/financial clearance experience in a hospital setting
- Demonstrated proficiency and level of comfort contacting insurance companies by phone, email and payer portals to request authorization for clinical services rendered in hospital for inpatient/outpatient services.
- Epic experience using authorization and precertification tools is required.
Contact our Recruiting Team today to experience the WalkerHealthcareIT difference!