Inpatient Nursing Unit Clerk
INPATIENT NURSING UNIT CLERK, PHILADELPHIA, PA
WalkerHealthcareIT is seeking an Inpatient Nursing Unit Clerk for a healthcare client located in Philadelphia, PA. This is a contract position.
START DATE: ASAP
ON-SITE / REMOTE: Onsite, Rotating Schedule
WAGE TYPE: 1099, W2
WalkerHealthcareIT Standard Perks
- Weekly pay via Direct Deposit
INPATIENT NURSING UNIT CLERK JOB DESCRIPTION
- Accurately and clearly communicates information between and among staff members and patients/families.
- Receives, greets and directs patients, visitors and hospital personnel arriving on or calling the unit. Escorts patients to rooms
- Quickly and accurately communicates patient information to the appropriate team member
- Maintains the daily census sheet and other interdepartmental forms or communication tools.
- Utilizes the TDS System to communicate with other departments regarding patient needs and changes. Initiates work orders for necessary repairs.
- Performs all clerical procedures related to the admission, transfer, discharge and death of patients.
- Receives and distributes mail and other items for patients.
- Maintains patient and MD information boards.
- Follows appropriate channels of communication in the event that a problem or conflict arises. Utilizes resources to pursue resolution of the problem.
- Answers patient call bells or requests and refers the appropriate person to them.
- Communicates with oncoming clerk either verbally or in writing as to the unit’ s needs.
- Keeps charge nurse aware of whereabouts, activities, etc.
- Follows unit procedure in emergency situations.
- Floats to other units as needed.
- Maintains the patient medical record and related forms and information in an organized, up to date fashion.
- Assembles and maintains patient records, including chart, bedside records, medication Kardex and census log. Stamps all chart pages with addressograph.
- Transcribes medication orders. Places isolation stickers on charts and isolation signs on doors/beds.
- Enters patient data in the TDS system. Communicates orders to other departments. Places printed order sheets in charts by the end of the shift.
- Monitors the printer and immediately communicates STAT orders to the RN.
- Files diagnostic and laboratory reports in charts within the shift.
- Provides support for patient care activities.
- Orients new staff to the role.
- Attends training for and participates in 1: 1 observation of patients assigned.
- On a weekly basis, orders supplies for the nursing station and maintains the station in a neat and orderly manner. Uses the Desktop Delivery system where possible.
INPATIENT NURSING UNIT CLERK REQUIREMENTS
- Clerical Skills
- Customer Service Experience
- Previous Hospital/Healthcare Experience