Hospital Financial Clearance Verification Specialist
WalkerHealthcareIT is seeking Financial Clearance (Insurance Verification) Specialists with experience in a hospital setting along with Epic authorization and registration tool experience for one of our premier healthcare clients in Chicago!
Chosen Insurance Verification Specialist may work on a contract or contract-to-hire basis with the opportunity to convert to a full-time employee of the client upon successful completion of the contract period!
START DATE: ASAP
ON-SITE / REMOTE: One week on site and one week off site (alternating)
WAGE TYPE: 1099, W2
WalkerHealthcareIT Standard Perks
- Weekly pay via Direct Deposit
INSURANCE VERIFICATION SPECIALIST JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Performing insurance verification and pre-authorization for hospital setting inpatient / outpatient services, hospital specialty clinics. In this role expectation from our client is you would have portal experience with eviCore, Availity, Navinet, etc. Specialist should have experience with CPT, ICD10 codes. Specialist will assist to ensure services performed have met medical necessity guidelines of the insurance carrier and preauthorization/referrals have been obtained per the payers requirements, maximizing reimbursement in the claim submission process.
- Contacts insurance providers to obtain any applicable authorization types prior to service.
- Obtains and / or coordinates with third-party payers authorizations for services.
- Monitors expiration of authorizations and initiates requests for extensions.
- Documents and updates all authorizations obtained.
- Obtains and scans all appropriate documents, as applicable.
- Maintains applicable assigned work queues and expected lead times, documenting and closing tasks upon completion.
- Updates work in progress on outstanding tasks, maintaining expected lead times and organization while completing tasks.
- Consistently performs and exceeds departmental minimum expected productivity goals.
- Ability to complete registration and coverage verification, as necessary.
- Determines if patient is eligible for intended care. If necessary, contacts patient to obtain correct insurance information, or informs patient of self-pay policy.
- May perform patient estimates, as necessary.
- Updates all demographic/ coverage / eligibility information in the system.
- Provides excellent customer services to patients, providers, and clinic staff in person and via telephone.
- Continues education on payers / payer requirements and contracts.
- Maintains technical knowledge of items necessary for financial clearance for intended services.
- Stays up-to-date as policies and necessary documentation and payer requirements may change.
- Maintains competence and technical knowledge within necessary registration and eligibility systems.
We want to speak with you today if you have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 2-3 years previous preauthorization/financial clearance experience in a hospital setting
- Demonstrated proficiency and level of comfort contacting insurance companies by phone, email and payer portals to request authorization for clinical services rendered in hospital for inpatient/outpatient services.
- Epic experience using authorization and precertification tools is required.
Contact our Recruiting Team today to experience the WalkerHealthcareIT difference!