Epic Project Manager
San Francisco, California
EPIC PROJECT MANAGER, SAN FRANCISCO, CA
WalkerHealthcareIT is seeking an Epic Project Manager with either Epic Ambulatory, Inpatient, or Revenue Cycle module experience for a client located in San Francisco, CA. This is a direct hire opportunity.
ON-SITE / REMOTE: On-site
WAGE TYPE: W2
EPIC PROJECT MANAGER JOB SUMMARY
The Epic Project Manager will report directly to the Director of the Project Management Office. Responsible for establishing the project tracking/reporting and risk management activities and overseeing project management of multiple complex projects. This position requires the skills to manage and direct vendors, engineers, design and construction representatives and other team members to successfully complete these projects on time and within defined budget.
Must demonstrate the ability to organize, assign, track and follow up on issues across multiple streams of work and manage resources to meet established deadlines or escalate in a timely fashion. Must possess excellent organizational skills, pay attention to details, understand the needs of the customers, be knowledgeable about IT infrastructure and design and keep abreast of hospital policies and procedures.
Ability to run a small program managing competing priorities and conflicts for limited resources with minimum supervision and the ability to understand new technologies and concepts quickly and be able to apply them to their projects appropriately.
In this customer facing role, must establish a strong working relationship with the customer, clearly understand their requirements and work with them to design the optimum solution keeping current technology, future trends and the budget in mind. Will have the ability to influence people that do not directly report to them and hence must possess strong inter-personal skills such as team building, consensus building, diplomacy, persuasiveness and the ability to create a positive a work environment.
EPIC PROJECT MANAGER REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum seven years of project management experience, principles, theories, and concepts
- Minimum two years of experience working in Health Care Industry
- Bachelor' s degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training
- Working knowledge of technology-related initiatives and an understanding of impact to the organization of such initiatives.
- Demonstrated capacity to anticipate obstacles and plan for contingencies
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to determine relevance and prioritize tasks
- Excellent logic, verbal and analytical skills
- Demonstrated competency in selecting and implementing project management methods and techniques
- Effective skill at tracking effort and project progress. Demonstrated highly advanced organization and project management skills. Demonstrated strong conceptual and planning skills to analyze projects of broad and diverse scope. Understands the cost impact of projects, project tracking tools and metrics
EPIC PROJECT MANAGER PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS
- Experience working with EPIC
- PMP Certification
- Advanced knowledge of all aspects of computing and communications including hardware infrastructure, networking, software, operations and disaster recovery
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Pre-Tax Accounts, Retirement / Savings Programs, Retirement Plan, Tax-deferred 403 (b) Plan, Other Savings and Investment Plans, Credit Union.