ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, PHILADELPHIA, PA
WalkerHealthcareIT is seeking an Administrative Assistant for a client located in Philadelphia, PA. This is a contract to hire opportunity.
START DATE: ASAP
ON-SITE / REMOTE: On-site
WAGE TYPE: 1099, W2
WalkerHealthcareIT Standard Perks
• Weekly pay via Direct Deposit
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT JOB DESCRIPTION
The Hospital School Program (HSP) Office Administrator is responsible for:
- Providing administrative support of day-to-day operations of the program
- Collecting, analyzing, organizing and maintaining program data and statistics
- Collaborating with HSP teachers and Finance to maintain Guarantee of Payment documents and supporting all elements of the billing process
- Managing hospital school program volunteers.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answers and screen all internal and external calls to determine urgency of the situation and the appropriate next steps within authorized scope of responsibility.
- Accurately records and delivers all telephone messages, detailing caller’ s name, company, phone number, and reason for call
- Orders, tracks, and distributes office supplies to ensure adequate inventory at all times
- Processes incoming/outgoing mail for the department.
- Assists in the preparation and coordination of meetings, responsibilities including: scheduling, agenda writing, minute-taking, photocopying, and catering requests.
- Prepares PowerPoint presentations, letters, reports, memoranda, and related materials as requested.
- Maintains systems, procedures, and methods for record keeping and accounts reporting.
- Handles and directs information related to donations to the department, including notification of staff, accounting for gifts received, and maintaining follow-up correspondence with donor and Development.
- Provide back up for the Department Office Administrator when necessary.
- Provide administrative support to HSP staff, including but not limited to the preparation and delivery of progress reports, attendance reports, grades and various other reports to the child' s school, as needed.
- Maintain Hospital School Program curriculum and technology resources
- Financial, Data, and Information Management
- Collaborate with teachers to organize and maintain all signed Guarantee of Payment documents and rate information
- Collaborate with Finance to generate accurate and timely invoices to reflect optimal billing hours
- Maintain database for all required billing information
- File all required HSP documents and student records in an organized fashion, including Educational Needs Assessments, signed FERPA and Guarantee of Payment forms
- Gather and organize all staff productivity statistics in accordance with departmental procedures
- Hospital School Program Volunteer Program Management
- Act as liaison to Volunteer Department regarding all volunteer related issues
- Coordinate HSP volunteer schedules
- Monitor orientation and annual volunteer requirements (e.g. medical, educational, and competencies) for all HSP volunteers
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT REQUIREMENTS
- Required Education and Experience Minimum education required; cite years and type of experience.
- Minimum high school diploma required and two to five years of secretarial experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in an educational environment strongly preferred.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, WordPerfect or equivalent word processing package, Access or equivalent database package, and Excel or equivalent spreadsheet package. Experience with SharePoint preferred.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize work, strong organizational skills and initiative to improve processes
- Excellent telephone etiquette, interpersonal skills and organizational skills
- Ability to work in busy or shared space (maintain concentration, stay on task)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to handle confidential materials and matters
- Ability to work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary, healthcare setting.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with the broadest range of individuals including children, families, and professionals of varied racial, ethnic cultural, religious and social backgrounds.